Inquiry - John Perkins AKA geckoman2 (inquiry) (2024)

Reptileman81

Future professional

Resident Demon

Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
234
Reaction score
12
Points
0
Location
Orange City, FL, USA
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #41

Now see right there is what I am talking about that was not helpful to me it was mean. "It's bygones" I tried everyway I could think of to spell it and spell check it and just could not find the right spelling. But I did not need you to correct it for me. This is what I mean about some people thinking they are better then others.

Not everyone can spell every word. Not everyone can type a million words a min. For some here that post a hundred times a day sometimes you just miss spell a word. Now I happen to be a fast typer around 40 words a min. But my spelling is not the best. But I dont need someone to point it out for me. This is what I am talking about. That whole post of yours was just mean and harsh. I have done nothing to no one. I just put my opinion out there as nice as I could and now I have to feel like Im a low life thanks a bunch

PAVLOVK1025

I'll hurt your feelings..

Resident Demon

Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
496
Reaction score
121
Points
0
Location
SL, UT
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #42

Reptileman81 said:

Now see right there is what I am talking about that was not helpful to me it was mean. "It's bygones" I tried everyway I could think of to spell it and spell check it and just could not find the right spelling. But I did not need you to correct it for me. This is what I mean about some people thinking they are better then others.

Not everyone can spell every word. Not everyone can type a million words a min. For some here that post a hundred times a day sometimes you just miss spell a word. Now I happen to be a fast typer around 40 words a min. But my spelling is not the best. But I dont need someone to point it out for me. This is what I am talking about. That whole post of yours was just mean and harsh. I have done nothing to no one. I just put my opinion out there as nice as I could and now I have to feel like Im a low life thanks a bunch


I was, in fact, helping you NOT look like an idiot everytime you tried to say bygones. If anything, it wasn't me puttin on an air of superiority, it was more like helping the fellow man. Youre welcome nonetheless.

You feel whatever you want to feel. Im just sayin...

omni

antiunresemiretirismic
Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
148
Reaction score
11
Points
0
Location
Massillon, Ohio
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #43

ok, I would be middle of the road on Mr. Perkins, feeling that many ppl were new at some point in trying to make a business out of their hobby, (myself included) and might've had a rough start, hopefully learning some lessons along the way.

So on that note, he gets some consideration, but on another issue I see in managing his collection or stock, there is something I noticed that leaves me with well... umm....
I'm probably not the only one who saw an ad he had originally posted in Corns for Sale where it said before being edited that he took in 3 corns as a rescue and didn't know anything about their history. I thought to myself that he found a listing on CraigsList and saw an opportunity to make a little cash.
Opportunistic, sure, but they were stated to be skinny needing some good feeding to bring them up to shape.
More thinking and I was wondering why would he take in some animals, and apparently immediately try to flip them without getting them into top shape first, and without decent time for quarantine to insure their feeding and health?
If not to try flipping the 3 corns for gain, why take on a rescue if you aren't going to do whatever you can to get them into excellent health? Needed the space? Sounds like he didn't have the space to take them on, and had no business 'rescuing' them.
That and noticing several posts in others' ads asking to trade just struck me as he has no problem cycling animals in and out if he stands to gain.
To me that means there is a good risk of passing some nasty things around his collection (shudder).
Hopefully I'm way off on all that and Mr. Perkins just needs to be calm in dealing as his only issue.

Agreed an inquiry about someone with no reputation is

very

professional.

I don't often post here anymore, just visit mostly for going prices for things, maybe pick up a few nice additions/bargains Inquiry - John Perkins AKA geckoman2 (inquiry) (4) just felt need to post since I actually am buying a few corns these past couple mos. and look into everyone recently that has something I might want. I could've started this thread had it not already been here at anytime, glad not me that was yelled at for that lol, but now I spose I have it coming my way now too anyway for this. No doubt someday there will be a thread inquiring about me when I have something listed for sale.

Best of luck to you John, that you take a little advice and you build your collection however you do it and it makes you happy. That's what counts.

joseydiann

S&S Dragons

Resident Demon

Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
1,068
Reaction score
90
Points
0
Age
42
Location
Cowen West Virginia
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #44

Wait did I read that right??? The corns he is selling are sickly rescues that he picked up recently??
And now he trying to sell them off?

Wow I was NOT told that he had just got them nor that they were rescues!!!

Good lord I hope I read that wrong, they should have been quarantined and kept long enough to avoid double shipping stress and at least kept long enough to see if they were going to be good eaters ect..

We rescue and rehab alot of stuff, some of those rescues we keep for over a year before re-homing them and we don't "sell or trade them"

Southern Wolf

I don't bite..... HARD!!!

Resident Demon

Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
5,128
Reaction score
371
Points
0
Location
NE Arkansas
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #45

Plot thickens Inquiry - John Perkins AKA geckoman2 (inquiry) (7)

P

Pythonbreeder99

Resident Demon

Resident Demon

Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
997
Reaction score
36
Points
0
Location
Lafayette, Indiana
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #46

G

geckoman2

Banned

Banned

Contributor

Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Messages
175
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
NJ
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #47

Wow all of u r so petty i said i just got these snakes some1 showed up trying to sell them to me so i bought them im sure all of u seen the pics n they arent skinny they werent shipped to me n no i didnt know the history on them at that time and fyi when i got them waqs in january all of u need to get a life is this all u have to do is sit on ur computer alll day n bash wow can i say losers.Im signing of im pretty much dont with fauna ur all way to childish i have a life i actually work for a living not just sit on the computer all day and i have a family 3 kids a wife and a mortgage so dam i must be a little kid with tatoos u need to find something to do with ur lives

G

geckoman2

Banned

Banned

Contributor

Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Messages
175
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
NJ
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #48

PS im done with all this typn if any of u have a problem with me call me directly on my cell 609-602-0120 and we talk their

StrictlyExotics

Resident Demon

Resident Demon

Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
2,316
Reaction score
225
Points
0
Location
Norman, Oklahoma
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #49

geckoman2 said:

Wow all of u r so petty i said i just got these snakes some1 showed up trying to sell them to me so i bought them im sure all of u seen the pics n they arent skinny they werent shipped to me n no i didnt know the history on them at that time and fyi when i got them waqs in january all of u need to get a life is this all u have to do is sit on ur computer alll day n bash wow can i say losers.Im signing of im pretty much dont with fauna ur all way to childish i have a life i actually work for a living not just sit on the computer all day and i have a family 3 kids a wife and a mortgage so dam i must be a little kid with tatoos u need to find something to do with ur lives

John, I do understand that you are frustrated. Now, take a look around you to see how many others are possibly frustrated too, namely Amanda. She didnt do anything other than not explain to you beforehand that she wont do a phone call.

This thread started because someone wanted to inquire regarding business with YOU. Since no one had anything to post regarding your transactions, Cody was given advice, from me, to check out posts you have made to see if he could find contacts that way.

I didnt flat out tell Cody DO NOT BUY FROM YOU, like I may have in a different situation. But see, I know if I post something, Cody will read what I have to say and actually do it because he knows I wont steer him wrong. I gave him an opportunity to do his homework and well, he did. He made an informed buying decision based on your posts, threads, etc...

geckoman2 said:

PS im done with all this typn if any of u have a problem with me call me directly on my cell 609-602-0120 and we talk their

Again, a lot of us here with all this free time in the world that cannot get off our butts will most likely NOT be calling. Ever thnk that you arent the only one on here with the typical consensus lifestyle ie... 3 kids, mortgage, job, et al... Maybe we are just more fortunate to be able to work on a computer and not a phone.

crotalusadamanteus

Brother Infidel

Resident Demon

Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
7,632
Reaction score
483
Points
0
Age
58
Location
FEMA Region IV
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #50

You ain't been bashed yet. If Rich wasn't so set on cleaning this place up, I'd show you the difference. Inquiry - John Perkins AKA geckoman2 (inquiry) (12)

The BOI is a tool used to find out the nature of people in the industry. Good, bad, or indifferent, it's all here.

That's all that happened, and you took offense. In my history here, only people who are hiding things take offense to a mere inquiry. So what's the problem? You got dark secrets or something? Inquiry - John Perkins AKA geckoman2 (inquiry) (13)

G

geckoman2

Banned

Banned

Contributor

Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Messages
175
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
NJ
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #51

wow like i said petty i do have many dark secreats but none that have to do with reptiles.here u want to hear a secret i just came home from PRISON after a 3 yr term so maybe thats y i am so hostile and thats y i cant spell i decided i always liked reptiles since i was a litte kid so i would get into it as a hobby to stay outa trouble bad idea i would have never signed up 2 fauna if i new their was all this bs and i will just keep all my reptiles the are pets anyway so theres a dark secret for all u SORRY im not as good as all of you and that i dont have the luxary of just sitting on my a** all day and typing im totally done on here this is my last post all my adds have been deleted and like i said b4 if any of u have a problem with me call me on my cell 609-602-0120 y hide behind a computer if im such a bad guy confront me like a man
with that said good day

crotalusadamanteus

Brother Infidel

Resident Demon

Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
7,632
Reaction score
483
Points
0
Age
58
Location
FEMA Region IV
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #52

Here's an idea hombre, try NOT having a bad attitude, and people will view you differently. Representation is what it's all about. Even if your spelling does make peoples heads hurt, with a better attitude, it would likely be overlooked. Or at least, less would be said about it.

Trying to use things as excuses (prison) won't get you anywhere. I've been strung out on Meth, gone to jail countless times, (fortunately not for some of my worse events in life) I've lived on the street, under bridges, stole from my own damn family to support my bad habits.

The difference is, one day I realized, wasn't anybody bringing any of this stuff on me but myself, and NOBODY is going to make a change FOR ME. So I did it myself.

But you go ahead and hold onto that victim mentality and we'll see how far in life you get. Or you can wake up, and maybe things could be better for you.

StrictlyExotics

Resident Demon

Resident Demon

Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
2,316
Reaction score
225
Points
0
Location
Norman, Oklahoma
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #53

geckoman2 said:

wow like i said petty i do have many dark secreats but none that have to do with reptiles.here u want to hear a secret i just came home from PRISON after a 3 yr term so maybe thats y i am so hostile and thats y i cant spell i decided i always liked reptiles since i was a litte kid so i would get into it as a hobby to stay outa trouble bad idea i would have never signed up 2 fauna if i new their was all this bs and i will just keep all my reptiles the are pets anyway so theres a dark secret for all u SORRY im not as good as all of you and that i dont have the luxary of just sitting on my a** all day and typing im totally done on here this is my last post all my adds have been deleted and like i said b4 if any of u have a problem with me call me on my cell 609-602-0120 y hide behind a computer if im such a bad guy confront me like a man
with that said good day

John, cmon man. Seriously do NOT aire out your dirty laundry here. It does you nothing but harm to your reputation and halts the building of one. This is NOT bashing, but some advice. No one is going to call you so I dont know why you keep insisting on posting your phone number is a public forum for the whole world to see.

PAVLOVK1025

I'll hurt your feelings..

Resident Demon

Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
496
Reaction score
121
Points
0
Location
SL, UT
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #54

I dont really care about your personal life.
I dont care about your literacy, spelling, etc.

I DO care, however, that you are such an angry individual that lashes out at people that deal with you. Customer service is HUUUUUUUUUUUGE, bigger than you can even imagine. Adjust your damn attitude, or yes, go away.
Herps wont keep you outta trouble if you get THAT upset over trivial BS.
Ease up, the community is a lot more receptive to chill, laid back demeanors that keep a level head.

StrictlyExotics

Resident Demon

Resident Demon

Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
2,316
Reaction score
225
Points
0
Location
Norman, Oklahoma
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #55

John you have some SERIOUS issues. That "little" email you sent me has got to be a parole violation of some sort, let alone breaking rules of Fauna. Inquiry - John Perkins AKA geckoman2 (inquiry) (18) I will leave it at that but I will let you know now, watch your step sir. Just think, we are TRYING to help you and you send something like that. What happens if were actually "bashing" you.

chamgirl99471

I'm Just Me :D

Resident Demon

Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
2,157
Reaction score
131
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Fort White, Florida, USA
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #56

John... Every response has just made you look worse.. not the spelling or your dirty laundry but just your attitude in general... The BOI is a tool to weed out the good the bad and the ugly and at this point in time you are truly looking to be the ugly!! I would stop and think about the way you are speaking to the general public on here and get some help for that anger problem you have!! It would be benificial in more then one way... it would help you here and also help your personal life I'm sure!! Good Luck but I can say without a change I have a feeling you aren't gonna last long at all in this industry!!

Abby

Goblin

Contributor

Joined
Nov 24, 2004
Messages
1,588
Reaction score
150
Points
63
Age
33
Location
Xenia, Ohio 45385
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #57

All I have to say is, I feel bad for the 3 kids and wife Inquiry - John Perkins AKA geckoman2 (inquiry) (21)

Rich is right, it is all about representation. You are going about all of this the wrong way. I've been selling things on Fauna for years and guess what? I don't talk on the phone. People don't have a problem with that. I answer every question asked of me quickly through email. Simple. If you are selling animals, you have to be willing to answer questions. The world does not revolve around you and your need to talk on the phone. Be considerate of others, and the animals please.

StrictlyExotics

Resident Demon

Resident Demon

Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
2,316
Reaction score
225
Points
0
Location
Norman, Oklahoma
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #58

I would post the emails, more than one, however there are not enough words to understand what he is saying using many censors. Im not worried if he will make it in the industry, I am more concerned how he makes it outside of a cage. In the two emails, a total of two sentences, hes used ELEVEN words I would have to censor. I would venture to say that his problem with the grammar is that he doesnt know any.

Riyo

Artist

Resident Demon

Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
47
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Indianapolis, IN
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #59

StrictlyExotics said:

I would post the emails, more than one, however there are not enough words to understand what he is saying using many censors. Im not worried if he will make it in the industry, I am more concerned how he makes it outside of a cage. In the two emails, a total of two sentences, hes used ELEVEN words I would have to censor. I would venture to say that his problem with the grammar is that he doesnt know any.

Dean, that is surreal. You have been nothing but pleasant to him! Inquiry - John Perkins AKA geckoman2 (inquiry) (24) This guy is a class act... I don't feel that any of us were bashing him. Perhaps we didn't coddle him enough but I don't think a grown man requires coddling!

John, you haven't helped yourself in any of these threads. Please try to take some of our advice and maybe learn a little customer service. It will get you a very long way.

chamgirl99471

I'm Just Me :D

Resident Demon

Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
2,157
Reaction score
131
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Fort White, Florida, USA
  • Mar 26, 2010
  • #60

Dean... If he's talking to you like that through Fauna... that would definately be grounds for a banning... He obviously hasn't read the rules of Fauna... All this for just trying to help him realize the error of his ways.... He just needs to go hide somewhere right now... calm down... punch a couple pillows... count to ten.... go to a psychiatrist and learn to control his anger in a more civil way then to come on a public forum... berate someone for not calling on a phone.. then to send e-mails to those trying to help him out!!

Wow... this guy is definately a piece of work!!!

You must log in or register to reply here.

Inquiry - John Perkins AKA geckoman2 (inquiry) (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Frankie Dare

Last Updated:

Views: 6607

Rating: 4.2 / 5 (73 voted)

Reviews: 80% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Frankie Dare

Birthday: 2000-01-27

Address: Suite 313 45115 Caridad Freeway, Port Barabaraville, MS 66713

Phone: +3769542039359

Job: Sales Manager

Hobby: Baton twirling, Stand-up comedy, Leather crafting, Rugby, tabletop games, Jigsaw puzzles, Air sports

Introduction: My name is Frankie Dare, I am a funny, beautiful, proud, fair, pleasant, cheerful, enthusiastic person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.